Bean Fosters - Coffee, Tea and People Place and Used Bookstore in Golden CO - is currently seeking a Barista!
Part time. Additional time-off request coverage available -- especially thru summer. Good hourly pay and generous tips. Regular raises. Lots of free drinks and discounts. And ridiculous amounts of fun. Interested candidates should be able to provide a minimum of 1 year to the role.
- Provide positive interactions with our customers. Positive social skills are harder to teach than job skills. We need an employee who enjoys initiating conversations with people all day.
- Educate customers about coffee and about books. Help customers find beverages and books they enjoy. A working knowledge of both could be helpful for this position.
- Running the cash register. Proper cash management.
- Proper coffee and espresso preparation. You'll be tasting black coffee and straight espresso several times per day. If that sounds unpleasant, this is not your position. If you're excited to learn, we're willing to train, but the learning curve could be steep without prior experience and interest.
- Simple food preparation following Colorado Retail Food Rules & Regulations.
- Cleaning duties. Cleaning of lobby, food preparation equip, counters, dishes, floors, etc. occurs constantly between customers.
- Book processing. The rest of the downtime at the shop is spent processing, sorting and shelving books.
- Position requires standing for the entirety of work shifts, moving boxes full of books, etc.
- Prior customer service experience. Good social skills. Prior barista experience helpful.
- Strong work ethic. You need to be driven to pick up tasks without instruction.
- Sufficient availability.
- Creativity. Under management, we want you to feel a sense of ownership of this place and bring your own flair to it.
Drop off or email your resume (contact info, job history, education, and qualifications) and answers to questions below to the shop.
-What are your hobbies, interests, etc?
-Mention your favorite book(s) and why they're your favorite.
-What is your favorite coffee beverage or what's the best coffee you've ever had?
-What is your availability and schedule preferences through Summer 2017? List any known time off requests for that period as well.
-Have you ever been arrested or convicted of any criminal act? What and when?