Quick espresso lesson! Espresso is involved. Even the word can refer to:
- A brew method: essentially, coffee brewed under pressure yielding a concentrate.
- A roasting style: meant to accentuate the body of the coffee, often darker-roasted.
- Beans: a blend, or a single-origin coffee meant to be used in an espresso machine.
- A grind setting: an itty-bitty grind-size.
- A beverage: at our shop, just under two ounces in a three ounce cup.
- Awesomeness. Yes, awesomeness.
Since opening, we've exclusively used Espresso Novo - a blend of coffees from Ethiopia, Panama & Columbia designed and roasted for use in espresso machines by Novo Coffee - to craft all our caffeinated espresso beverages at Bean Fosters (lattes, cappuccinos, cortados, americanos, etc). We love Espresso Novo around here, because its dependably awesome, and it gets along well with any sweeteners and milk options. It's extremely versatile and friendly and we plan on using it as our default for a long, long time.
Three grinders! And The Beast.
However, we love sharing flavor, and there are LOTS of coffees out there that taste delicious when brewed as espresso. So we're excited to announce the beginning of Secondary Espresso options at Bean Fosters -- a different set of coffee beans! Our secondary espresso will change periodically, allowing regular customers to experience a broad range of espresso options from our shop. For instance, we just ordered our first batch of single-origin Ethiopia Anyetsu Espresso, which promises a sweeter, fruit-forward espresso experience! At other times we may offer a nutty Central or South American espresso in contrast.
Just some new tasty options for you to be aware of! If you love the taste of your everyday beverages, our usual Espresso Novo will always be here for you. If you're feeling a bit on the wild side, embark on the adventure of secondary espresso with us!